Here’s an overview of recent updates from our carrier partners. For details on any specific update, click on the related link.
- Q4 Quoting: We are quoting coverage for the fourth quarter. Get a jump on your upcoming renewals and new business; log in and quote now, or contact your W&B representative for assistance.
- COVID-19 Updates: We continue to share information in connection with the Coronavirus in our COVID-19 Response Forum. Check it out today!
- Attain by AetnaSM: The Attain by Aetna app gives Apple Watch® users the opportunity to set personalized goals and earn big rewards. Download the member flyer here or the employer flyer here.
Blue Shield of California
- Sell More, Earn More: Blue Shield of California is making it easier for you to earn more when you sell small business medical products. No complicated tiers or calculations required. Click here to learn more.
- Relaxed Participation Requirements: Blue Shield is relaxing underwriting participation requirements for groups with five or more enrolled employees to just 25% for Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life plans. New relaxed participation requirements apply for groups when at least one eligible employee enrolls in a Tandem PPO or Trio HMO plan. Download the flyer here for details.
- Q4 Updates: Quoting is available now for Q4 for CaliforniaChoice; the private exchange has more flexible underwriting and three new plans for Q4 (for a total of 96 coverage options and 19 networks). Click here for more information!
- Large Group Bonus: You can continue to earn up to $70 per member in added comp for new Large Groups effective with through year-end (12/31/2020). Click here to learn more.
- Q3 Broker Bonus: Brokers who write new MediExcel groups of five or more during Q3 can earn a bonus of up to $100 per enrolled member. Download the bonus flyer here.
Sutter Health Plus
- Portal Password Changes: To enhance online security for members and business partners, Sutter Health Plus requires all portal account users to change passwords at least once per year. Brokers having trouble making changes should contact Broker Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 916-643-1261. Employers should contact Account Services at 855-325-5200. Members should contact Member Services at 855-315-5800.
- There's Still Time to Earn: UnitedHealthcare is offering a $25 to $50 incentive per member for new Medical plans with an effective date from March 1, 2020, through February 28, 2021. Click here for more information.
Ancillary and Other Coverage
- Dental & Vision: Employers with 51+ eligible employees who choose Ameritas Focus get two benefits in one plan. Focus combines VSP Vision and Ameritas Dental on one certificate with one rate, one enrollment, one bill, and one payroll entry.
- Ease Partnership: Ease is making it easier to offer Ameritas Dental, Vision, and Hearing plans to groups of 2 to 250 employees. You and your clients will appreciate the simple set-up, streamlined enrollment, and direct submission.
Anthem Blue Cross
- Ancillary Bonus: For groups of 2-500 employees enrolled for coverage effective through 1/1/2021, Anthem Blue Cross is offering a broker bonus. The Specialty New Business Broker Bonus applies to Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity sales. Details are available in the program flyer here.
- Ancillary Exchange: Offer your clients Dental, Vision, Chiropractic & Acupuncture, and Life through a single program: ChoiceBuider. Employers can choose from multiple carriers and both employer-sponsored and voluntary options for employees. Download the ChoiceBuilder “Fast Facts” here.
- Something to Smile About: You can now quote Group Dental from Guardian on your own using WBQuote and WBQuote Lite. Alternatively, if you need help, just ask. Click here for details.
HealthiestYou by Teladoc
- Broker Incentive: HealthiestYou continues to offer brokers a $500 Amazon gift card for every six coverages written with an effective date of 6/1/2020-10/1/2020. The minimum group size is 10 employees. Download the flyer here.
Contact your Word & Brown representative if you have questions.